9 o'clock, November 28, 2005
- High-speed ferry rides, slept through: 1.
- Canadian border guards sure they’d seen me somewhere before, bags searched by: 1.
- Kung Pao chicken, dishes of, eaten: 0.
- Spicy chicken with bamboo shoots and a few peanuts, passed off as Kung Pao chicken, dishes of, eaten: 1.
- David Marusek novels, Counting Heads, recommended by Kelly Link, read: 1.
- David Marusek novels, endings to, understood: 0.
- David Marusek novels, enjoyed anyway: 1.
- Heart of Darkness-style alternate histories supposed to be finished this fall but derailed by weird resonance with Gulf hurricane events, finally finished: 0.
- Vaguely Borgesian short story, feedback-incorporating rewrites to, completed: 0.
- Twenty Epics, two remaining stories for, edits completed: 0.
- Twenty Epics, additional stories laid out in InDesign for: 2.
- Twenty Epics, stories remaining to be edited and/or laid out: 14.
- Novel, “Planet of the Amazon Women,” loose sequel to, actual words added: 360.
- Miscellaneous DOD and MOD documents relating to either naval Courts of Inquiry or procedures for notifying next of kin of the death of a loved one, said novel, research for, downloaded: 9.
- Novelette, months-old GvG rewrite requests for, finally completed and re-submitted: 1.
- Turkey dinners: 0.
- Haircuts: 1.